Non-toxic mite control:
- Remove (if possible) any dust catching materials, e.g., textiles, furs, feathers, woolens, drapes, carpets, etc. and enclose mattresses in plastic or spray with enzyme cleaners as needed..
- Keep windows and doors closed and as weather-tight as much as possible to avoid the entry of pollen and insects.
- Keep food products in glass containers and control all insect pests.
- Reduce the relative humidity below 70%; repair all plumbing/moisture problems; install a dehumidifier and/or air filtration system.
- Avoid wet mopping, but vacuum very thoroughly with a rinse-and-vac, water vacuum or Li’l Hummer once a week – go very slowly and allow the vacuum to actually suck up all materials; dust furniture and shelves before you vacuum.
- Shampoo or steam clean all non-washable carpets at least one a year.
- Washing sheets, pillows, rugs and carpets in soapy water at 140o F. will kill all mites.
Kills Dust Mites Naturally
This safe, dust mite control is natural specially formulated compound mixes easily in water and provides long lasting control over dust mites. It’s clear, odorless and will not stain. Can be used on carpets, drapery, upholstery and other fabrics. Medically tested and proven effective. Use as a spray or in a carpet steamer. The two-pound bag will cover 1000 sq. ft. Apply every six months for best results.
Auto interiors are perfect for collecting allergens, which attack sensitive respiratory systems. This non-toxic DriveFree anti-allergen spray is scientifically formulated to neutralize and render harmless allergens created by dust, dogs, cats, dust mites, pollens, insects and mold. It is 100% biodegradable and contains no perfumes or dyes. Comes in 16 fl. oz. spray bottle, enough to cover 300 square feet. Repeat application every three months for continued protection.
Dust Mites Habitat
Microscopic dust mites are everywhere in the home – in our beds, clothing, furniture, book shelves and stuffed animals. For the most part they don’t bother anyone, but for people with allergies or asthma, dust mites are a problem. Here are some dust mite sprays that you can buy, these sprays are ideal if you or your children suffer allergies through dust mites.